By Jane Garry
Read or Download Archetypes and Motifs in Folklore and Literature: A Handbook: A Handbook PDF
Similar folklore & mythology books
The Kolbrin Bible dates again 3,600 years and provides particular and enlightened insights from the previous to either problem and verify our trendy ideals. This 2-part, 11-book secular anthology is sort of as huge because the King James Bible. the 1st six books are referred to as the "Egyptian texts" and have been penned by way of Egyptian academicians following the Hebrew Exodus.
A few of the earliest books, relatively these relationship again to the 1900s and ahead of, at the moment are tremendous scarce and more and more pricey. we're republishing those vintage works in cheap, top of the range, glossy variants, utilizing the unique textual content and artwork.
Together with tales from the 1700s to this day, Choctaw stories showcases the mythic, the mythical and supernatural, the prophecies and histories, the animal fables and jokes that make up the wealthy and vigorous Choctaw storytelling culture. The tales demonstrate intelligence, artistry, and creativity as Choctaw narrators, earlier and current, convey and fight with ideals, values, humor, and lifestyles reports.
The end result of 34 years of ethnographic fieldwork and archival learn, this publication deals ground-breaking insights into primary rules of Huichol shamanism and formality. The scope and size of Fikes's study, mixed with the intensity of his participation with 4 Huichol shamans, permit him to show with empathy information of shamanic initiation, tools for analysis and remedy of ailment, and reasons for acting funeral, deer and peyote searching, and maize-cultivating rituals.
- "Evil People": A Comparative Study of Witch Hunts in Swabian Austria and the Electorate of Trier (Studies in Early Modern German History)
- The Ancient Art of Faery Magick
- The Dragon Keeper's Handbook: Including the Myth & Mystery, Care & Feeding, Life & Lore of these Fiercely Splendid Creatures
- The Flower of Paradise and Other Armenian Tales (World Folklore Series)
- Sacred Display: Divine and Magical Female Figures of Eurasia
- Spooky Southwest: Tales Of Hauntings, Strange Happenings, And Other Local Lore
Extra info for Archetypes and Motifs in Folklore and Literature: A Handbook: A Handbook
Archetypes and Motifs in Folklore and Literature: A Handbook: A Handbook by Jane Garry