By Jeffrey Gray,Mary Balkun,James McCorkle
The ethnically varied scope, extensive chronological assurance, and combine of biographical, severe, ancient, political, and cultural entries make this the main valuable and interesting poetry reference of its sort for college students today.
• Covers American poetry from the Colonial period to the current in approximately three hundred alphabetically prepared entries
• positive factors key modern poets, together with these showing in present journals
• Brings jointly nearly eighty participants who're one of the most generally identified students within the field
• helps universal center nation criteria for English Language Arts and Social reports by means of supporting scholars achieve a better figuring out of language
Read or Download American Poets and Poetry: From the Colonial Era to the Present [2 volumes]: From the Colonial Era to the Present PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Weaving strands of Chicana and Mexicana subjectivities, towards a Latina Feminism of the Americas explores political and theoretical agendas, quite those who undermine the patriarchy, throughout a various variety of Latina authors. inside this variety, demands a coalition are transparent, yet questions surrounding the method of those progressive dialogues offer vital traces of inquiry.
This ebook reconsiders the concept of liminality in postcolonial serious discourse this day. through vacationing Mashriqi writers of memoir, Bugeja deals a different intervention within the realizing of 'in-between' and ‘threshold’ states in present-day postcolonialist proposal. His research situates liminal house as a fraught type of realization that mediates among stipulations of historic contingency and the memorializing current.
First released in 1982, photos of predicament explores the idea that literature and artwork make the most quite a few pictures to offer culturally typical principles, and hence create their very own kind of iconology. George Landow exhibits how the tumultuous background of the earlier 2 hundred years has ended in a plethora of metaphors linked to moments of human problem.
That includes designated research of a wealthy and eclectic mixture of A-level texts from 'Frankenstein' to the poetry of Seamus Heaney, 'The artwork of Writing English Literature Essays' covers every thing you must comprehend to grasp excessive point literary dialogue. Written in a full of life, attractive variety, the e-book takes readers throughout the paintings of shut examining, via making plans and writing essays and directly to the difficult arts of utilizing critics and contexts successfully.
- The Poetry of Chartism: Aesthetics, Politics, History (Cambridge Studies in Nineteenth-Century Literature and Culture)
- Heroism in Anita Rau Badami's novel "The Hero's Walk". An analysis of the female protagonists
- Maria Graham: A Literary Biography
- Christianity in Doctor Faustus
Extra resources for American Poets and Poetry: From the Colonial Era to the Present [2 volumes]: From the Colonial Era to the Present
American Poets and Poetry: From the Colonial Era to the Present [2 volumes]: From the Colonial Era to the Present by Jeffrey Gray,Mary Balkun,James McCorkle